The Right Incentives
In partnership with the State of Georgia, Dodge County offers an attractive incentives package designed to help offset start-up costs and encourage job creation and investment for qualifying companies.
Here’s a $1,000,000 Incentive:
*It’s true! As a TIER One Community, each of your 50 employees will generate a
Georgia State Income Tax Credit of $4,000 per year for 5 Years.
($4,000 x 50 people x 5 years = $1,000,000)
That’s a One Million Dollar Personal Income Tax Credit for your company!
Here’s why you should appreciate the
Georgia business tax environment:
- We were first in the Southeast to adopt single-factor apportionment – so your corporate tax is calculated on one factor: the sales you make inside Georgia.
- Georgia has NO “throwback rule” – your sales made elsewhere won’t be thrown back here for taxation.
- Georgia lowers its corporate tax rate to 5.75% effective January 2019. For 50 years, it remained at 6%.
- Georgia’s Job Tax Credit has been in place for 25 years; the Quality Jobs Tax Credit has been implemented for 15 years. Both are flagship incentives.
- In certain areas your business can apply some tax credits to cover state payroll withholding liability.